The district will award for the District Governor’s Citation, Best All-Around Club and Runner Up for Best All Around Club (per club category). The determination for each club category for BEST ALL AROUND CLUB and RUNNER UP FOR BEST ALL AROUND CLUB will be determined by a combination of the scores received for the District Governor’s Citation, scores received for service projects and source data from Rotary Club Central/District Website and RI report data concerning documented club goals achieved.
Club categories are based on membership numbers as of July 1, 2023 and establish the basis for the District Club categories based on size:
Category I: 1-30
Category II: 31-59
Category III: 60-99
Category IV: 100+
Each Club is encouraged to submit the following:
- DISTRICT 6900 GOVERNOR’S CITATION
- SERVICE PROJECTs via the RI Rotary Club Central Goal Center and the District web page.
All Reports will be submitted electronically.
AWARDS WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Club of the Year & Club Runner Up of the Year: Awarded to the clubs that demonstrates the highest overall quality club, District and Rotary International programs, membership, service, club administration and foundation giving. Source of data will be Rotary.org. Rotary Club Central/District Website Data reports and documented club goals achieved.
- Best Foundation: Awarded to the clubs that demonstrates the highest overall quality Foundation programs, EREY, Sustaining Members, Major Donors, Bequest Society, Benefactors, Peace Scholars, Paul Harris Society, PolioPlus, Endowment & other foundation giving. Rotary Club Central/District Website Data, Data Rotary International reports, documented goals achieved and Club Reports as of Feb 28th, 2024.
- Best Membership: Membership vitality is critical to a club’s health & success. Areas such a growth, retention and engagement of members will be important factors in being selected for this award. Source of data will be Rotary Club Central/District Website, Rotary International reports, documented goals identified and achieved as of Feb 28th, 2024.
- Best Public Image: Awarded to the clubs who have pro-actively promoted their club activities, community involvement and the ideals of Rotary International.
- Best Service Project: The Service portion of Rotary is a major theme for every club. Determine and submit your BEST Service projects. Recognition will be given for the following Best Service Opportunities: (A) Community Service (B) Vocational (C) Family of Rotary (D) International Service (E) Youth Service. Source of data will be documented service projects, documented project information on Rotary Club Central & District Website Data and documented goals achieved. Best practice to achieve your goals is to enter District Website first and then cut and paste to Rotary Club Central.
If you have issues or questions, please contact the District 2023-2024 Awards Chair PDG Fran Milberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or DG André at email@example.com. For Web site questions or issues, please email our webmaster Alec Smythe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to go to the Governor’s Citation page. Click the pencil icon next to your club to enter your Governor’s Citation results for 2023/2024. You must score at least 160 points to earn the Citation.
This year the district will make the following awards. Visit the awards page for details.
- District 6900 Meritorious Service Award
- District 6900 Rotarian of the Year Award
- District 6900 Sheffield Award
- William A. Watt Memorial Award
- Frank E. Bentley, Sr. Leadership Award
- Jake Cheatham Memorial Award
- Albert D. and Esther I. Thomson Award
- Al Daniel Membership Award